• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10 ft. of Crappie

Who out there has caught 10- crapps avgerageing 12 inches or better in a day or 15- 12"+ back when the limit was 15? Where GPS cord please haha, when and on what? Any one pull it off in the metro? I've done it in Wisconsin several times but never in MN.

I imagine a TON of people would claim and probably did do it on RED LAKE! Last year my boss put me on fish and 3 or 4 of us limited out. We probably threw back 30,40,50 or so also. Sizes ranged from 12" to 14.5" Don't think we hit 15" but the best part was we caught them in March during the middle of the day! I got there at 7am or so but most of the catching came from about 11am - 3pm! (We left after catching and releasing 3 or 4 times our limit) If you went more than 5 minutes w/o catching a crappie it felt like a long time! NONE UNDER 10"! I know this sounds a little far fetched but those beautiful days in March get those crappies active!!!!! Can't wait to get out there as it should be heating up any time now.

As for bait... ANYTHING worked that day. I sent down a bare jig (no tube or plastics) and still caught fish. Otherwise I had waxxies, others had minnows, shrimpos, ratsos, etc.

PS.... No I wont give out a lake name or location! I know most of you would understand! ;\)

I've had many trips in MN were I caught limits over 12", my best came on the fishing opener when we caught a couple hundred crappies over 12", all were on 3" shiner minnows. I took a 15 fish limit that wieghed 26.7ozs.

I've done it a few times, but I rarely keep a limit of crappies and usually I toss back some of the bigger ones if I do.

Lake Washington gave up a 2 man limit to me and a friend one day, with 17 fish over 12".

I've done it a few times. Happened on Bowstring about 15 yrs ago. Got lucky and ran into a nice school of fish with most running 12+. Did it again on Eagles Nest lake before the Rusty Crayfish invasion. Last time was on Sand lake where my buddy and myself each caught a limit of 12+ Crapps. Oh yeah, catching doesn't mean keeping, we only keep what we plan on eating.

I'm sure plenty of people have accomplished this, hoping they let a few of the big boys go. ole

Only experienced it a couple times. Last weekend was one for me, but a few others times. It takes some very special lakes in today's day in age.

Bowstring can be awesome. Haven't gotten into the crappies up there yet, but I know others have. Right place, right time, and when that lake gets a good year class, look out.

I had 2 solid hours of 12-14 inchers at my cabin this past March through the ice. They moved in, caught 50 of them or so, then they were gone as soon as they came in. What a time though!