• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Removing rust from hooks ???

without getting too in depth ... get some mag or wire wheel cleaner at a car parts store. dip them in the solution. the wire wheel is a stronger acid than the mag (manesium, alluminum wheel) cleaner. if the wire doesnt work hydrochloric might do it but that's getting to the ''point'' of no return then. they will rust immediatly after that in the slightest moist environment. assuming your not going to use these lures, spray them with a enamal clear coat. not lacquer clear. enamel only. comes in spray cans for car touch up. or dip in (bad speller) uraethane to protect it. if you want to use them, change them. you could cold galvanze them pretty easily but that makes the hooks a dull silery color. if all else fails. change them.

I used some rust remover/wheelcleaner to clean some hooks once. It took care of the rust, but pitted the hooks and most of them broke. I used CLR for some minor rust on some of my cranks and it did a good job.,