• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mean bug, a daisy, a test

Hey all:

Just got done dumping all my images off photobucket and switching to flickr (thanks for the info X-T), where I can avoid all kinds of issues about giving up rights to the photos to the hosting site by choosing to have them be "private" on flikr.

So, since I'm thinking of summer, here's a summer test image of a bug with a big attitude on an ox-eye daisy. Shot last summer with the Canon 30D and Canon 100 macro, handheld.

2373124825_433b84e894_o.jpg

It was pretty funny. I was shooting with excursion clients, and as I stuck my macro close to the bug it started walking right out on the petals toward the lens, which was only inches away. I fired off a burst and looked up and the clients had started backing away from the bug.

And silly me, I'd told them it would be highly unlikely we'd run into any dangerous predators. grin.gifgrin.gif

Steve,not sure what kind of "creature" you have cornered there on that daisy but I bet he got your respect!...lol!...looks rather menacing...lol! grin.gif...I have a similar pic from years ago(couple anyways) of some sort of butterfly...grayish/brownish thing I once knew the name of but have since forgot, "skipper" maybe)...

butterflydaisy.jpg

It appears that with most image hosting sites, once your photos are uploaded, they are fair game for anyone that sees them, including the hosting site. With Flickr, you can choose to keep all your photos private, which means only you can see them or use them. Flickr itself, can use only the photos that are public, which is your choice.

I have been using Flickr for a while now and like it a lot. One nice thing about it is that my office does not block photos from Flickr as they do on photobucket, imageshack, and the others. I have plenty on there in private mode and public mode, most of the public ones are fishing photos and those of my son that I want to link family to. Works pretty good for me.