• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

300ex

heat checker

i am looking at a honda 300ex for 1600$. it comes with a set of rear paddle tires, hand gards,extra sprocket and chain, electric start, white brothers exhaust, reverse, carb just cleaned, new spark plug. it sounds like it runs great( havent driven it yet because it is a 5 hour trip to see it). anyone have one, what are the likes and dislikes. is this offer to good to be true or not.

It depends on the year of the machine.

It's a smaller diplacement machine and if it comes with paddle tires, I would be concerned the clutch has been fried and the machine has been beat on. Not to mention air cooled. Paddle tires is also an indication that it's been ridden in extreme conditions (heat) and to stress a smaller motor by running paddles would send me running the other direction.

5 hours is a long way to drive to test ride a machine that you might not purchase.

Don't get me wrong, the 300EX has been one of the most reliable sport machines around that I know of. I would be very skeptical given the information we have.

To sum it up, find a machine closer to home.

My 2 cents.