• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ratsos-Shrimpos

Icefisher23

I use a lot of 6 and 4's for crappies. I like the larger profile and action. Pink/white, glow blue or pink, and all black are good choices. I'll also switch out for a blood red body if available...

As small as they come has been best for us this season. I tried to upsize today and didn't seem to help. I also use white quite a bit, and my new found friends are the black head and blood red tail and also the clear gel tail.

All of the colors work. I have every single color and I have caught fish on all of them. I mostly use the smaller size of the two sizes available because that is what the fish have been wanting. I choose the color of my lure depending on water clarity and what the fish are feeding on in their natural habitat. Matching the hatch is something every angler should keep in mind. \:\)

Last weekend I used a size 6 and 8 shrimpo/ratso and caught probably 60 sunnies. No keepers. Then at about 7 oclock p.m. I caught 2 crappies. Do they just naturally bite later or should I of had a diff. color on during the day. One jig i was using a size 6 pink and the other size 8 blue??

I do like the more natural looking colors in clear water situations (black,brown, generally darker colors). In really stained water situations I generally like the brighter colors (red,pink, orange, etc. etc.). At night, you can't go wrong with the glow ratso, but does work very well during the day as well. However, other people will tell you differently. Many fisherman like to use the darker colors in the stained water and brighter colors in clear water. I would suggest buying a variety of colors and trying them all to see what works for you. Often times it's just a confidence issue as far as color preference and other times it's actually the fish keying in on specific colors. Like I said in my other post, match the color or even the shape of what the fish are eating in their natural habitat and you will be happy with the results. Good luck! \:\)

Depends on the bite I very rarely tip mine. I like tearing the top 3 sections off the plastic leaving two and the tail and move it so it sits horizontal on the vertical shrimpo. I seem to tip the ratso more often than the shrimpo too which isn't very much. I like the size 8 and 6. Favorite colors are the glow head and pink body, the pink head and white body, and the glow head and glow body. I will have to give the black and black and red a shot next time those colors seem to work better for me on other lures with the highly pressured pannies.