• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are you talking about the Nemadji River in Superior? If so it opens the same day as the St. louis River and the mouth dumps into Allouez Bay and is surrounded by private property. This river is pretty much unfishable in the spring time due to the run off and muddy water..

Jar Jar

[PoorWordUsage], MY BRO SAID HIS BUDDY IS A DNR WORKER AND TOLD HIM A FEW SPOTS TO FLY FOR STEEL'S UP THE NEMADJI ? HUH........

ANYONE KNOW WHERE WE COULD CATCH SOME STEEL'S AROUND DULUTH AREA ?

dude, turn yer CAPS off. but I think 218riderz meant ice out at the mouth, not season opener. i think ya can fish to the 1st posted boundary all year, no? and i wonder if the few fish that do run that system, are they spring or fall run?

Originally Posted By: Northlander
The Nemadji opens with the Mn. opener. Unless your fishing crappies or carp.

That would be incorrect. In Carlton County, rainbow fishing in Nemadji river and all tributaries is open CONTINUOUS.

The Nemadji has a lot of water and tribs in MN that are open year around. However, most of them are iced up and no-one in their right mind would give up their productive steelhead spots on-line. I have given it a try a few times with little luck. Just grab a map and drive around looking for a spot to try out. Just make sure you're fishing a stretch that's open.

His question was about the mouth of the Nemadji if I remember correctly guys. The mouth is in Superior Wi. last I knew and dumps into the St. Louis River. Not in Carlton County or anyplace in MN. That portion opens, as does the St. Louis River, on may 10th with the Mn. opener.

Are we talking of another Nemadji River? If so I stand corected.

Originally Posted By: Northlander
His question was about the mouth of the Nemadji if I remember correctly guys. The mouth is in Superior Wi. last I knew and dumps into the St. Louis River. Not in Carlton County or anyplace in MN. That portion opens, as does the St. Louis River, on may 10th with the Mn. opener.

Are we talking of another Nemadji River? If so I stand corected.

The river we speak of is the same, i got caught up in MN portions and regulations and forgot the original question regarding the mouth. The same Nemadji runs up into MN with several branches. If we are talking about rainbow trout and we are fishing the Nemadj or any of it's tributaries, as long as we are in MN, the rainbow fishing is year round. Now, if we were talking about those silly, ugly fish people call walleyes, then you would be totally correct.

Ouch that one stung man. grin.gif

Ya I get your drift and you and Quick are correct. I never get up that far on the Nemadji. All my fishing there is done in the 1st few miles.

Theres no walleyes in that mud anyways. ;\)