• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Small sample of some Florida wildlife-fixed images

Well bottom line is it is some kind of Heron for sure! I will venture that your shots X are indeed Robins and that is about as far out on a limb as I will go! grin.gif

Just looked at a few other shots I did have, white breast, black tipped bill, pretty sure its a Tri-Color. I will post a shot or two latter when I get a chance.

Here are two more views that make it I am fairly certain a Tri-color Heron. Just not great shots that why I passed them over the first time through.

Shows the black tip bill.

269446964_WYz4n-XL.jpg

Shows the white belly, even though the whites are totally blown on it.

269447036_NvBgd-XL.jpg

Thanks, Dan. There's a lot more pattern visible on the throat in the first image than in the original you posted. That and the white belly removed all doubt. That's why I asked if you had one showing the belly. Without these views of one of the two key field marks differentiating the species, it was a guessing game.