• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TC line - Encore vs. Omega vs. Triumph

I just won a stainless/camo-synthetic Omega at our NWTF banquet, but only have experience with the Encore, which I liked very much.

I know the Encore you can switch barrels with, the Triumph has the speed breech which can be more easily removed, but any opinions/suggestions on the omega? Any reason I should try to trade up for an encore or triumph?

I don't need the switchable barrels function, but kind of like the break. Not to the tune of $700 though.

Joel

I really like my Omega. It's accurate, easy to clean, and was the best fit for me out of the 3 you mentioned. For hunting in low light I think the Omega has the best fixed sight out of all of them. Another upside to the Omega is that in some states the break action muzzle loaders aren't considered a legal muzzle loader, while falling block actions like the Omega are still legal.

I bought a TC Triumph last fall. I really like it. 2 friends also got the same gun. 1 had good luck, shot 4 deer with it, the other did not do so well. It goes down to what bullet and load the gun likes best.

I love my Omega, had it for three or four years now I can't remember. Had a CVA before this gun.

I really like the Pro Hunter too, but I don't see trading up at the price of those guns. My Omega serves me well.

Congrats on the win! If I were you and I didn't have a ML, but wanted one, I'ld shoot it. If I didn't want it, I'ld sell it.

You could probably sell it for more than you could get for it as a trade in.

Either way, you win. Way to go. Hope I have such problems after my banquet next week.

Congrats on the gun. I had a tough time deciding between the omega and the triumph last fall when I bought my new muzzloader. For me it ended up being what felt better in hand and the store. It ended up feeling better at the range in my opinion. I did not want to spend the extra money for the encore since I use it strictly for hunting whitetails in MN.

Good Luck

PS the speed breech is nice!!

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll see if I can trade in for the Triumph for close to = money? Thoughts?

Probably didn't want to hear that I won Gun of the Year, a 300 Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe the same night!

\:\)

Joel

I would keep the Omega. It is a solid gun and I don't see a reason for spending any more money on a muzzleloader. If you use APP, T7, Black Magic or any of the other cleaner burning powders you don't need to remove the breech all that often anyway. Removing the breech on the Omega isn't a big deal either.Just work up a good load for it and you will be happy.

Originally Posted By: jnelson
Probably didn't want to hear that I won Gun of the Year, a 300 Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe the same night!Joel

Really? WOW what a night. Wouldn't want to trade that bad boy off or maybe sell it for...couple hundred bucks would ya? grin.gif

Joel, congrats on the haul grin.gif. I have won 4 guns and a Mathews bow over the years grin.gif.

I also have the stainless/camo Omega, very nice ML. I use it for slug season instead of my M-1. Cleans up easy, sights are great in low light and it is very accuate. I shoot 100gr trip.7 w/250gr. Hornady SSML.

Can not comment on the Triumph, can only tell you how satisfied I am with my Omega.

Dan

Originally Posted By: DonBo
 Originally Posted By: jnelson
Probably didn't want to hear that I won Gun of the Year, a 300 Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe the same night!Joel

Really? WOW what a night. Wouldn't want to trade that bad boy off or maybe sell it for...couple hundred bucks would ya? grin.gif

Donbo, it's for sale on Gunbroker right now \:\)

Dan - thanks for the heads up on the load, I'll be trying that one out on the bench for sure this year!

Joel

The Omega is a great gun! No experience with the Triumph, but I have heard good things. I have had my Omega-black, stainless and thumbhole- for 3-4 years now. I use it during the ML season. It is a great shooter! I shoot 2- 50gr. pyrodex pellets and cheap shot sabots- 240gr, pure lead- through it. It puts under 3" groups at 100 yards with open sights.

For what you have in it, I don't think you would be disappointed shooting this gun!

Congrats on your win. If you are not going to change barrels the omega is a great gun. If you do decide to upgrade to a encore TC is coming out with the endeavor. It is exactly like the encore with the speed breech of the triumph. I believe it will cost 800ish.

If you alreday have a ML, Id say keep it, you never know when you'll need an extra gun. But if Its your first one, I personally wouldnt be shy to shop around and try to find somthing that you really like- I am a big fan of the encore, but everyone has thier preference- congrats on the win