• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRACO windows / any opinions or experiences??

goose89

I'm considering replacing our old windows with "new construction" windows. (not replacement / inserts). Brochure and HSOforum look good to me. Anyone have any experience / opinions on TRACO windows.

I have sold and installed TRACO windows for the last 15yrs. They are very a good window & a very dependable company. If you are going to stay in your home for a long time look into the the heat mirror product. It has a very high R value & a very low U value. It will also remove 99.5% of harmful UV rays. If you have more questions just e-mail at [email protected]

Kentucky ike,

Thanks for the reply. Yep, we'll be stayin here, God willing, until we, God willing, retire.

How much does that add to the price of a window, percentage wise, on average. I saw that in their brochure, but was happy just getting argon between the panes. Maybe I should consider that also. Thanks again.

goose

I would have to double check my price book but I believe it adds about $150 per window, but it takes the R value from just over 4 to about 9.5. It also cuts the U value in half. With heating prices where they are it will pay for itself. Kennsington windows makes the Huntington plus series window, it very similar to the TRACO and the will guarantee 40% savings in fuel usage. I like both windows. TRACO has been around longer, Kennsington has the 40% guarantee. You would be happy with either one.

thanks ike.

My brochure says it raises the R value from 4.2 to 8.3 (center of glass) . Either way, I see what your saying. Thanks again for your info and opinions.

Goose, Does the brochure mention using Krypton instead of argon, and using both Low E & Heat mirror? I know there are different heat mirror products and configurations. I maybe getting Kennsington & TRACO info mixed up, either way it TRACO with Heat mirror = warm windows.

The other concern is knowing your contractor will install them right. A great window installed wrong will not make you happy. Ask your contractor to walk you through all steps of the installation before you sign any contracts. Ask questions along the way? I like it when my customers ask me questions, it means less misunderstandings & it gives me a chance to showcase my knowledge.

If I can help answer any installation questions, I would be glad to.

We had replacement windows installed last summer. Although they were a different name brand we did buy the upgraded R value and UV protection. Since the install our monthly budget rate has been reduced from $125 a month to $83 and this has been a much colder winter than the previous few. Buy the upgrade it will make a difference.

Kentuck_ike,

Yep, Traco's have krypton, instead of argon, in their Hi-R Glass (Heat Mirror) windows. Thanks for the reply. Thanks also for the advice on getting them installed right. That's the only thing I'm not worried about. I'm very comfortable with the contractor I plan on using. Thanks also for encouraging questions. I'm starting to think I'm gonna drive someone (my contractors sales manager) nuts with all my questions. He's been great thus far.

Echo, thanks for sharing your experience.