• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question?

mnhunter79

Personally I wouldn't reccomend doing it at all, although I'm sure its been done before. When you take weight off the back end, you are going to lose the gun's balance, unless you install a recoil pad that weighs as much as the wood removed. Also you are going to want to make sure it is a good recoil pad. Less gun weight=more recoil. As for what to cut it with, I have no idea. Just my thoughts

You should fit it so its appx the length from the crook of your elbow to your hand on the trigger. You should be able to screw off the recoil pad (with a screwdriver to the screws of course) and then cut the buttstock with the same angle of the original cut, typically with a bandsaw or miter saw. The screws should be long enough that you wont cut any metal, and then just screw the recoil pad back on. I would certainly bring it in to a gunsmith as theyre the pros and if you mess it up, youre stuck with buying a new stock.

Thanks for the advise. my fiance' has a super x 2, that gun fits me very good, ill just measure the SX2 and see how much longer the BPS 3.5" is, and tell the gunsmith to cut that much off. Thamks again.