• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yellow tape ticket!

Well I got the first ticket @ the yellow tape spot for "In park after Dark" Im sure Frank will post soon also ;( .If we fish there we need to be out of the park before dark. Cant wait to see the fine for this!Anyways I managed a few crappie alot of dink gills and 1 pickeral.

Well guys sorry to here about the tickets crazy.gif I thought this was going to happen.When donnie and I went to the meeting for this access we discussed this issue.There is no way around it unless every one car pools, the only good thing is it will save dragging the stuff out one way.One of the carpoolers is going to have to make the walk more than once from the north end and lets hope the snow don't get to deep in the future.I know we aren't getting any younger but we are going to have to make that long walk some time I know I have made that walk many times through some nasty cr@p.

Ah yes Chris. . . number 4, of looks like 7 criminals, reporting in. Let's see, no park boundaries posted, no signs at the entrance stating the area is a park, everything listed calls it a fishing access, and the sign that says no one in the park after dark is posted between the parking area and the lake . . .so technically, the park area according to the only sign that was posted, is between the parking and the ice . . . and the park police came and got us from the ice and brought us through the park . . .and then ticketed us. Any good lawyers (not the fish) out there see any loopholes? I think I stated a few. The guy initially said he was going to give us a warning and 2 minutes later turned around and said he had to call his desk up to see what to do. So . . .he was only doing his job and directed by . . .who else, but the locals. I suppose they will eventually successfully turn that public lake into their own rich back yard and the State will still provide oversight . . .makes you wonder why stay in this State anymore. Hey, I think that is a trend anyway. I have another 24 hours to decide whether to fight or roll over . . . I guess it could be worse, 3 guys got additional tickets for alcohol in a park and 2 were made to get rides home. Todd, thanks for the heads up but it was too late anyway. BTW, the fish were biting but all small.

I had a bad feeling about those new signs. Thats prety bad the rent a cops came out on the ice to tell you guys the park closes at dark and still wrote tickets. The way that place looks and is marked - it's the last place I would call a "park"...

Probably one of those yahoo's in the million dollar houses dosent want to look out his window at night and see anything out on the ice cry.gif

Ok let me gets this straight, he came on the ice and told you the park is closed? I would have said leave the ticket on the car I'll get it when I leave later..... LOL

So are you telling me I have to leave all state land, parks and launches at dark? I've never heard of such a thing for a fishing state park and wonder what the DEC would say about that. Fishing for crappies at night is more popular then the fishing most of the year. Do you have to have your car and trailer out of their launch area at dark, I sure would like to try for the crappies at night out of the boat. Why don't they just build a good double ramp with floating docks on the south end and charge $8 a launch or $50 for the season?

Here's my take on it.

Town of Caz: OK OK OK!!!! We will give you your parking area so you can fish and we will give you your opportunity to launch your boat at our launch (For a FEE) because we don't want to spend or ask the state for grants to build a good state launch because we will lose most of our power to regulate the lake if that happens. Plus we like having the power to tell you petty ice fishermen when and where you can fish.

I wonder who has the biggest problem with the fishermen? Is it the town, the lake residents or just a few individuals who think the lake is their own and nobody has the right to enjoy it unless you live and pay tax's for the Village of Caz.

Lee, I agree with you 100% when I went to that meeting that they held for this spot they did have a brochure stating that the park would close at dark if they put the car top launch in.I think it is pretty selfish of them to put the signs up and then start issueing tickets, that is Bull dung no warning nothing here is your ticket F IT next year I will make the walk and they can shove that parking area up their A$$ grin.gif

Lee,

I can give you some professional advice on how to fight it if you want. Not an Atty. but I was a cop. Maybe it would help you decide if you want to fight it or not or even ask an atty if you should.

Give me a call andwe'll go over the details so I can see what I can offer. Sounds to me like, if nothing else, the posting wasn't illuminated. Am I correct? If so.... it's a starting point. #2 Question if it's the first time it was written by the officer . That tactic is used on traffic stop defense, ie. the first guy who gets a ticket for a license plate light out and ends up with a DWI. #3 How many times had it been written total? #4 He had to call in for advice?! Officer discretion does not require this unless a SERIOUS matter. #5 Question policies, proceedure, officer experience, time on the job......

Spent some time training for and on the stand in my career.

Fill me in on where and what time you're fishing tomorrow too

I still can't PM on the other page for some reason. Heck, I can't figure how to even try! Call me with your rod building and lure questions too. I'll hook you up with info., ideas and some suppliers. We'll all buy together and save $ too.

Ray . . .I got a ticket also . . .no ilumination, no boundaries marked, no signage that it is a park, nothing on the sign that was there indicating it was a valid sign (could be disgruntled locals), it was placed between the parking lot and shoreline . . . so is the parking lot part of the "park?"

Not unless it is clearly defined in such a way that the general public can tell easily. Consider this; you're driving along a rural road. No speed limit signs for miles. You're doing the max state speed, 55mph. You get a ticket for speeding. Defense; the state requires a sign be within 1/4 mile of the infraction. Now, I'm not sure if THAT law has been altered, but it has not been revoked. All our laws work that way. Otherwise it'.......ENTRAPMENT

Local judges and courts can be, ah...."one sided" but the state has checks and balances such as the DA, the Atty Gen. Office, and the State Magistrates Assn.

Me, I'm a fighter, especially when I percieve injustice. "GIVE NO QUARTER!!!!"

I fought the Sheriff's Dept., the County, the DA, and beat them all repeatedly until justice was done for me. Costly, yeah and not just cash. But I can hold my head high, knowing I stood for something this country was founded on, and now there is legal precident for others. BTW, I was "on the job" at the time!

Get a hired gun, a.k.a. Lawyer. I'd approach it together, that way if the law gets bent, the possibility of a class action suit exists. Lastly, don't forget the power of the press. Bad press is bad for Lake Assn.s Additionally, I'd contact the DEC

Just my 2 cents. Then again, I like a good fight. Rule #1 of fighting; Never accept a fair fight. Always stack the odds in your favor. hehehe Want to guess what I trained for?