• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Stamp?

There's another cold water hatchery right next to lake superior which would seem to most to be an excellent place to raise trout to be stocked right out the door to the big lake but instead they raise suckers to feed muskies. I'm glad Wisconsin is so close.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: matthothand
There's another cold water hatchery right next to lake superior which would seem to most to be an excellent place to raise trout to be stocked right out the door to the big lake but instead they raise suckers to feed muskies. I'm glad Wisconsin is so close.

If you're talking about French River they raise Kamloops. They also raise a few suckers. Lots of complaining about the discontinuation of salmon stocking but when there isn't spawning habitat and when it would cut into the lake trout fishery, why subsidize a poor investment? That's exactly what I'm arguing against with the overstocking of walleye in this state.

da_chise: Yeah, look at trout stamps? When was the last time you remember ANY trout stocking under this administration?

Note From Admin: Please read forum policy before posting again

I don't agree with stamps in any form, the DNR should be able to budget there funds and assign the money to where it is needed. I do agree with the idea of putting a check off box on the income tax form so if you want to donate that is your option. Where do the stamps end? Trout because they are cold water and more exspensive to stock. Walleye because they are popular. Muskie next, Norterns, Bass, Panfish because they will become popular. If money is needed to manage the States Resources then a license increase is needed. But don't stamp me to death.