• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery Question

Sandmannd

When I got my wheeler I put a new battery in it. It ran great the two weeks I had the new battery in. Yesterday, got out to the river and tried starting it and it would turn, but then it sparked out the back. I checked the battery and the ground termial was gone. It was hanging by the wire, but was gone from the battery. Did I get a bad battery from Fleet or is there something I'm missing that I need to check on the wheeler?

Yep, the neg wire was still screwed down to it, but the post of the battery was not on the battery. I used electrical tape and put the wire on what was left of the post and then could get it running. Just curious if it's bad battery or something else. Never seen a battery do that before.

I've never seen that happen to a new battery. When the time comes to replace batteries in the toys, I will look to Odyssey. I had one in a sport machine that took a beating and never had a problem with it in 2 years. Expensive, but worth it.

Battery posts are of a soft material. Is there any way you could have cracked it when you installed it. I've never seen anything like this either. Where is the battery located? Maybe the post got bumped? I think I'd return it and see what they say.

It's on the behind the right rear tire. Didn't bump anything when I put it in and it has a cage. Somone at work thought it might be a ground issue, but it never sparked anywhere. Didn't look like the post fell off as much as it melted. I'm going to take it back since it's only two weeks old.