• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappie jigs

mrcarp

hi has any body had luck with the jigs i got them at walmart 10 jigs for $1 they are a jig head kinda a marabu jig do these work at all for sunnies or are these to big thanks

Last night was slow. I think it had something to do with front that moved in and also I also had gotten out late. Nothing was working. I could see fish/crappies coming in on the MarCum every once and awhile, but the Ratzo/Nuggies combo was not getting them to bite. I tried Genz Bug and Weggies and both Ratzo and Genz bug with small crappie minnow.

After getting only one perch, I went out of the box and tied up a jig from the Outdoor Pro store here at FM. It is a:

6 1/16 oz bug jigs(Glow belly) - #8 gold hook

crappie-kit.jpg

The one I was using was four rows down from the top and three over (green). I tipped it with a small crappies minnow and got three crappies to bite. I like the glow of the belly and the postion of the eyelet and hook. I have a bunch of Outdoor Pro jigs and I am going to start taking a harder look at them. I think tipped with a weggies white/red glow would be great for pan fish.