• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Deals At The Expo?

It was a cool show, I just wish I had more cash to spend, wife gave me a limit. BAH! Thanks to the Musky Mayhem guys for giving my little boy a free jr cowgirl, that was awesome. I pick up a couple as well. Thorne Bros had some half off lures I took advantage of as well and got a box.

I spent my limit and maybe a little more grin.gif Chris nice meeting you to bad it was to cold to sit and shoot the bull. My buddy picked up a Luna at the Swap for $125 hes always been a Shimano guy. Found most things I was afetr and a few things I just couldnt leave without.

RK's booth had a great deal on H30's for $75 and get a custom copper DCG, couldnt pass that up. Got a Custom DC10 to add to my collection and way more baits than I remember buying. The Lakewood is now over flowing,I had to leave some older ones out to make room for new.

I'll have to start a box for next years swap. Is it May 21 yet grin.gif

It was my first time at the show and I was surprised how big it was. I didn't really stay long but managed to stock up on some plastics (not dawgs) that I'd had my eye on for a while. I'm betting on plastics being the hot bait for me this year. ;\)

I went back again yesterday with my brother... Ran into Keith (Propster) and his son, Erik (Hugobox), and finally got a chance to meet with Aaron (AWH) at the Shack Attack booth... Also talked with Keith (KT Pro Edge) some more... having someone to interpret really made it easier...

Also got a chance to talk with several guides such as Steve Jonesi, Mike Hulbert, and Jason Hamernick... Booked a trip with Jonesi on Oct 14th (FULL MOON BABY!!!!) on Mille Lacs... Promised Hulbert I'll reserve a trip with him next year... Also talked about Ty Sennett about his pacemaker...

Was hoping to talk to Brad Hoppe as he helped me out big time on Friday with my Cowgirls and Super Cowgirl purchases... Didnt know it was him til I asked yesterday... Ohhhh thats him... excellent service even tho the booth was packed with people...

Was hoping to catch the seminar by Hulbert/Hamernick but when I arrived I found out that they changed the schedule... with Doug Kloet moving from 1pm to 5pm... Oh well... Couldnt believe Thorne Bros already sold out 7000iC3 when I checked again yesterday... guess the $15 rebate offer really helped...

Overall... it was an excellent Expo... everyone were friendly... Seems like the best day to get things is on Friday before they run out... but again the best day may be today with more sweeter deals... but then again... will those things be still there??? Thats a risk to take...

I had a great experience with Ghost Tail bucktails, those guys really knew their stuff! I went in thinking I was going to buy a rod and reel and some lures, left with over $300 in lures, and no rod or reel! Now I need another lakewood box, but I didn't have the money for that either! Oh well, have plenty of notes from all the great seminars.

Tippman,

I think you did get a great deal on your luna. This summer I sure hope to make a few casts with it and "christ'n" it for you, he, he. Also it was great to hook up with ya at the expo. I didn't get everything on my list but because of the "extra credit" that I recieved unexpected I had to try and get a reel for those darn cowgirls that are brutal on my arms. I hope you enjoyed the expo and I'm sure you'll make it next year for the great deals.

Now if I can figure out how to explain the new purchases to the little lady I will be guilt free!!! (well almost)

later,

mr