• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Saturday Night Live

Scott M

Watched SNL last night and it was awful. It has been awful for some time. They come back from a Writer's strike, a period where the writers and actors could have thought of countless sketches, and last night was the best they can do?

That show is terrible. I don't know if its the writing or acting or both, but I could write better skits. The actor's don't bring much to the table. There will be some drop off when you lose people like Sandler, Spade, Meyers, Ferrell, Farley, etc. from the show's peak in the 90's (IMO), but they can do better than what they've been doing of late. I sit there hoping to see something funny and just get disappointed, how can the studio audience even laugh? If I was Loren Michaels, I'd hand some actors and writers their walking papers...There is better comedy elsewhere.

I hear ya!! Personally, I stopped watching the show after Joe Piscopo and Eddie Murphy moved on. Maybe my sense of humor changed, but those guys, and the guys and gals before them were alot funnier.

slight hijack, but i heard some guys on the radio talking about the funniest snl skit. my vote is for farlley and swazie in the chippendales danceoff.

haven't been too impressed lately. perhaps it's on too late on the west coast for me. i end up wathing mad tv

Originally Posted By: lookincalifornia
i end up wathing mad tv

ugh, Id rather dig a hole in my backyard...

Regarding SNL, I find the old and new shows both have their funny moments. Its all relative to when you began watching it though. I didnt start watching it much 'til the late 90s.

That show was brilliant during most of the 90's, and even had its moments earlier this decade. More cow bell!

Now, it is horrible. The only thibng that is worth watching is the beginning skit since it usually mocks a current news item. The rest is a snooze fest.