• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st attempt at framing

This is my first attempt at making my own frame. I know you can down load actions, but I figured I would give it a try my self. Any C&C is welcome. On the Picture or the frame.

The Picture is of the Church of the Holy Cross in Sedona AZ.

church-1.jpg

Great shot, Charlie. Nice balance between the green plants, red rock, blue sky, white cloud. Truly a building at peace with its surroundings.

Vertical comp definitely the way to go, and the framing looks nice.

Care to share your Photoshop action with me?

I have googled many search requests but haven't come up with a link for the technique to digitally frame an image like you have done, as well as many others.

Found several Windows versions, just not a Mac one.

Very nice image by the way. Looks like your exposure must have been spot on to retain detail in the highlights, midtones and shadows.

Well done for sure!!!

Nice shot and frame, I think frames help define the pics and help it from blending into the web page, this would of be more so if there is lighter colors near the edges.

DMN

Nice image. I did this shot a few months ago and walked up and down that road and kinda liked the cacti at the bottom of the image. Here was one of my versions, I have others with just cacti and no sign as well.

89346684.jpg