• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LCX-27c or LMS-520c

DMN

Question

I am thinking about the LCX-27c because of the 2 map card slots.

My question, and I could not find it on Lowrances site is can I have a Lakemaster type map in one slot and a blank card in the other and record to the blank card while still using the detail from the Lakemaster one on the screen?

Any other pluses for fresh water other than the 2" bigger screen?

Thanks

DMN

4 answers to this question

I never tried recording from 1 card to the other but I can tell you the difference on screens is not only 2". Put them side by side and it's almost double the size.

I had same thoughts when I was "shopping" until I compared them side by side. That's why I decided for the 27c, and obviously more features.

When I rigged my boat I went with two of the 5 inch units, instead of one 7 inch unit. I think it costs about $100 more to rig this way, but I thought the benefits were:

- more screen size and same vertical resolution going with 2 units instead of 1

- lets me use 1 unit for gps and 1 unit for sonar, so no need to run split screen unless I want to

- redundancy by having 2 units instead of 1, in case one of them fails

- one of my units is mounted in-dash and the 5 inch unit was a better fit

- one of my units is on a RAM on my dash, and the 5 inch unit was a better fit

- if you mount on a RAM and run fast and/or run in big water, the larger units will put enough force on the RAM to have it slide --- this even happens occasionally with the 5 inch unit

- the dual tray didn't mean much to me since I haven't had an interest in recording data

Hope some of this helps, good luck with your decision.