• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tiger Woods

tisosy11

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I get a little sick of his crying about camera men taking pictures during his backswing. It's not like he's the only one this happens to and you rarely hear anyone else curse out a photographer. You would think he'd be able to shut out the surrounding noise and focus on what he's doing. Now I'm not tiger by any stretch but when I golf with my friends there is a fair amount of talking and laughing going on and it doesn't seem to bother any of us. Of course we aren't as serious as a pro and we aren't playing for millions of dollars. Basically I wouldn't care if he just left out the cursing.

i remember watching some interviews they did with some of the golf pro's about why a camera click bothered them. as they get ready to hit the crowd gets very quiet, and a single click from a camera sounds incredibly loud. thus a distraction. chewing out the guy, ok. i do wish he would keep the langauge cleaner thou.

IMO I think they let waaaay to many people on the course during these events.

And if I hear one more dumba$$ shout "Get in the hole!", on a par 5 when the player is hitting off the tee, I'm going to puke. It hasnt been funny in years.

LOL how about that Arizona event I think were they set up that Par 3 like its a Stadium around the hole where Tiger made that hole in one in practice and the place blew up that hole is just to nuts just filled with drunkens. But I don't think Tiger was wrong cursing out the camera man any little thing he does that could be wrong like throw his ball in the water or throw his hat after that win every one blows everything out of proportion and I think Tiger gets a little sick of it and I don't blame him. PGA really needs someone to challenge him a little more so it's just not everything about Tiger.

That tournament is a huge party!

Tiger gets more, much more camera snaps on him than any other player. It also has been something thats chipped at him a bunch...

I don't think he used it as an excuse, but these people aren't suppose to be taking the pictures during the swing!

I love when he makes his looper take the camera!!!

I would to if I were him. Golf is the hardest sport to dominant at. It takes a tremendous amount of Skill and preporation. He also doesn't have a team to help back him up when he's having a bad day. He explained how he was in such a zone and when he was in his backswing about to come forward that snap from the camera made him flinch that little bit that through his shot off. We might have seen a little more anger from him if that ball landed in the drink that would have been interesting.

Ditto your post...if Tiger ain't playin, I'm probably not watchin and if so, only sporadically.

On a lighter note, I'd say that the guy with the camera, should be caned, or submitted to the hot wax hair removal treatment...nothing to harsh, just a friendly reminder.

While I like Tiger and he's an incredible golfer I get sick of seeing every single shot he hits. There are a number of other golfers out their that I'd like to watch play as well. It gets to be a bit much of just one guy and several announcers professing their love for him. But it's all about money and ratings.

Tiger would have won the masters pretty easily if his putter would have been working. That is his second tourney in a row where his putter led him down. Trevor Immelman had a great 4 days and deserved to win but I bet if Tiger would have put a little pressure on him he would have folded. No one on the tour is even close to as talented or consistent as Tiger. He is always in the hunt. Even with his "B" game. That is why they always show his every shot. And I'm glad they do. That is why I always watch him.....

I cant believe he missed that 2 foot putt when he got himself out of the pine trees and had a sweet approach shot where he rolled it back almost the width of the green back to the hole. Then misses a 2 foot putt. [PoorWordUsage]?

Yeah, his short stick cost him and his inability to locate his shorter irons when he had to have them. The frustration took over him and he was not able to win his 5th green j.

I still favor him taking the final 3 majors.

In his own words..."I've got three more."

Quote:
I cant believe he missed that 2 foot putt when he got himself out of the pine trees and had a sweet approach shot where he rolled it back almost the width of the green back to the hole. Then misses a 2 foot putt.

He didnt even make any putts, only the ones outside 15 feet!

Tiger seems to rule the British open.

I just think the guy is more mentally and emotionally tough than any other player. That's why he doesn't fold under pressure. Some of these other guys look like they are going to wet their knickers.

My reason for not picking him for every tourney is that there is so much talent out there on tour. The odds just aren't that good even though he's the best player of his generation.