• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Starter Problem

RonT

Before you deem the srater bad, pull off the cover on the right hand side that has the recoil on it.. The starter drives another gear that has the mechanisim that turns the motor over. On my 500, the gear got water and mud in it so all I had to do was clean and lube it up.

I finally got around to tearing the thing apart and found water and other junk in there. Got it dried out and cleaned it all up and it runs like a top. Thanks again for the info.

There is a plug at the bottom of the housing that should be pulled after water crossings and such. I found that out after I had the problem. The housing is sealed from the factory, but it is done quite poorly. Mine is now sealed up quite tight but I will still pull the plug if water could have gotten in there just to be safe. Ron T, I'm glad you got it figured out without spending big bucks.