• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cave Run

JRedig

Anybody heading down there this spring? I've gotta scratch the itch, June is sooo far away right now!! I'm heading down March 29th through April 4th. Gonna fish with Tony Grant and Gregg Thomas, 1 day each then try it on our own.

What about you guys?

Cheers

Jeff

PDX, what's the ice situation down there on Kinkaid, have you heard? I did hear of some open water action there about a week ago. With this cold snap we had recently, I'm wondering if it's iced back up?

Aaron

Last Chad said a couple days ago, his buddy caught a 37" casting, water was open and in the upper 30s. Supposed to start warming up again Sunday. I fear it won't be enough to be particularly pleasant on the water :P

Chad's booked until the middle of July, so I didn't have many options...

Well, Aaron has a story of his buddies boating 22 in two days with Chad in March. Though, that is Chad's record (fast warmup after a long cold front and the only boat on the water). March is the best month there, but I think his schedule fills up fast.

we are making the trip again. last week in march - thinking we will only spend a few days on cave and then move on. lots of early season options...... took us 16 hours from bloomington last year towing the boat.

Originally Posted By: mroyten
Jeff! This is Matt from the MI banquet. I'm on the forums! Now, let's talk fish.

Hey Matt, glad you're here. I think this is a pretty good crowd, enjoy it. This Sunday is the lure swap I mentioned, hope you can make it!

mtreno- did you guys head down through Chicago? I was thinking of heading down I35 and then cutting east from Missouri and trying to avoid the mess known as Chicago...we'll be towing a boat too.

we went thru chicago - or the west side area - think it was only two tolls and we timed it so is was afternoon time so there was no traffic. just hold on seems like everyone drives at least 85mph and has no room for a guy and his boat..... once past chicago its nothing but farm land - very pretty. on our way home we stopped at shelbyville for a few days and then cut up thru Iowa. this year i think we will go the same route down but who knows where we will end up on the way home.

we are leaving the 29th as well - we should maybe hookup for the ride down. are you staying at Tony's place?

Originally Posted By: mtreno
we went thru chicago - or the west side area - think it was only two tolls and we timed it so is was afternoon time so there was no traffic. just hold on seems like everyone drives at least 85mph and has no room for a guy and his boat..... once past chicago its nothing but farm land - very pretty. on our way home we stopped at shelbyville for a few days and then cut up thru Iowa. this year i think we will go the same route down but who knows where we will end up on the way home.

we are leaving the 29th as well - we should maybe hookup for the ride down. are you staying at Tony's place?

Thanks for the tips on traffic, we're heading down right around the same time and staying at Tony's place. We were going to leave on Friday the 28th around noon or so. Let me know if that fits when you guys are going!

crazyfish, i've heard good things about Green River too. Planning on it at least a day.

-Jeff

Originally Posted By: Rebel9921
Thats just tomorrow... and you're worried about posting here??? Arent you supposed to be double-triple checking everything (A to Z) to be sure you dont forget anything grin.gif

Everything's been packed for a week if that tells you anything....

-Jeff