• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Baby and two Dogs???

The_King48

We currently have a shorthair pointer/ridgeback mix and are considering getting a lab puppy but we are also considering starting a family in the next year. How will the dogs react to a baby especially if we have two instead of one? Any advice on waiting to get a second dog? I am already concerned about how the first one will react....Thanks in advance..

imo i dont think u will have a problem with the fact of having two dogs but i dont think u should wait to get a puppy tho. If u get it in the near future u will have time to get it past all the puppy stages, for example the jumping, scratching, and biting. These are all curiable but u know they are going to do it a couple of times while ur teaching it not to and the best time to do that is without a baby around. just my opinion

I've raised my kids and now Grandkids. Get the new dog as soon as you can if you are thiking about getting another dog. You will have time to get used to the dogs being togehter and the kids will fall into line when they come. Your dog is like a kid, they need a lot of atention the first year. CAJ

Every kid should grow up with a dog and every dog should grow up with a kid. My lab mix raised 3 kids and unknown number of frogs, turtles, cats, snakes, etc.

The previous posters are correct. If you plan on a puppy, get it and get it out of it's puppy stage before you have a baby. Once out of the puppy stage you will be absolutely amazed how a dog warms up to a child. Treat them all as family.

Make sure you have plenty of film in the camera cuz there will be a LOT of kodak moments.