• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Night fishing

tjbassmaster

I have not fished sunnies at night. Crappies on the other hand i fish very late at night. I have found on certian lakes i catch bigger and more numbers. I like to fish in a little shallower than i would during daylight hours. When the barometer is high i have had a lot better luck right right in the deeper holes of a lake like 25 fow or more. When the pressure is low i like to fish 8 to 17 fow the shallower i go the more weeds i try to find. This has worked on most lakes i have tryed it on maby it will work for you.

funny you brought up this subject.. I have really only had this happen on 1 lake.. But I had a lake, where the sunfish were active in one spot between 11pm and 1am.. monsters.. never caught them during the day.. only at night, and only at those times. I tried like heck to find where they were coming from and where they were going, or find them during the day.. but it was a consistent 10" gill bite.

Everywhere I've been the sunny bite stops just after dusk. If I haven't caught any by then I wont even bother staying when traditionally I don't catch them after dark. If those pigs really do bite late, I might just have to stick around longer! Or fish for Crappies and watch for those lines on the bottom!