• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neon Glow Grubs

I've tried these before and they don't produce any better then normal maggots. I don't feel the need for them. Euro larvae and wax worms are all use most of the time, a long with minnows occationally.

A glow jig tipped with a few fresh maggots or a piece of plastic will work just fine.

Something that I feel will work very well this winter for panfish is Bio Bait. Bio Bait is made of real bait parts, ie: maggots, crayfish, worms, etc. I plan on using Bio Bait a lot this winter. Check out the Catch-N Tackle HSOforum for more info:

Catch-N Tackle

Also look for the new Dart jigs by Catch-N Tackle. Excellent glow and red hooks!

Tackle City Ice Jigs are another top choice for icing those winter panfish. They are available here at FishingMN:

Tackle City Ice Jigs

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
MarCum

I have to agree with Matt, I have tried them for panfish and I haven't noticed a real big difference. A technique that has worked for me though has been to take the point of your hook and stick it through the tip of three colored maggots, when lowering it down to the fish it looks like spider legs dangeling down. Red maggies have been the best for crappies but a little color experimenting will tell you if they have a preference.

tried the blue glow ones last year, they didnt seem to glow at all. One thing i love using though is the eurolarvae.

------------------
Diplomacy - The art of saying "nice doggie" while you find a rock.