• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Owl Avenue" (Sax-Zim bog pics)

jonny_redhorse

Well I'm nurturing a cold/flu or something cry.gif...but I saw the blue skies and warmer temps and figured I'd suffer while coughing a lung out.lol! grin.gif....got my flu shot but wharever this stuff is,it's sure nasty!...anyway...put out 16 more beef suet mesh bags(along with some peanut suet blocks) starting on owl avenue(and black oil)...no sooner did I put out 4 of em and the chickadees litterally were on em in about a minute!...absolutely amazing!...they didn't care if I was 5 feet away!...grosbeaks samething and hairy woodpeckers!....no one there but me again!...even though I ran into 2 yellow bus loads of birders on the blue spruce road later!...totaled I bet they had $50,000.00(probably more!) worth of scopes, lenses, and cameras grin.gif...High end swarovsky's,Kowa's, Nikons, Cannons and about 40-50 bogen manfrottos!...guess they were all happy on the blue spruce road today! grin.gifI never even snapped an image at that station today but did meet Laura Erickson and Kim Ekert!..birding gurus!and a guy namede Stennsaas or something like that...things will calm down after this weekend....I managed a few decent images this morning with the bluesky as a background for once instead of those somber gray skies!...but still didn't see a boreal chickadee cry.gif....my day's comin!

pine grosbeaks on the owl avenue feeding station:

Frame_DSCF0079-1.JPG

and another:

Frame_DSCF0074-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF0069-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF0083-1copy.jpg

I think this is a hairy!:(3 of em pecking away at the station)

Frame_DSCF0066-1copy.jpg

musta been 50 chickadees at the suet bags:

Frame_DSCF0061copy.jpg

"chewin the fat"

Frame_DSCF4681-4copy.jpg

the ever present deer (image snapped through the windshield):

Frame_DSCF0113-1.JPG

and a few more(there was 7 lined up here! ):

Frame_DSCF0089-1copy.jpg

Nice shots Jonny. I as well spent the day doing the coughing up a lung thing. With such a beautiful day, I wanted to get out, but opted to take it easy. Now I am wishing I had gone outdoors for a bit. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy a good day with the camera. Hope your feeling well soon.

Very nice jonny. Always great to see wonderful photo's of birds like pine grosbeaks that we normally don't get to gaze upon down here in the land of corn and soybeans. Get well soon! grin.gif

Thanks All!....not going anywhere tomorrow!...sittin at the puter coughing my brains out cry.gif....something tells me that it's a little bit more then a mere chest cold....momma's been after me to get to the clinic(just today)....I think I just may take her up on that sick.gif....but sure was fun today grin.gif....shows what a person will do in the name of these little "fuzzballs" grin.gif

Nice pictures Johnny, I heard they were going to be driving them around by the bus load. I went down on Friday and saw that the house across the street from the blue spruce station brought in 2 porta potties. I have to say the locals down in Meadowlands have been real accomondating to birds and birders!

Thanks all for your kind thoughts , finally got a hold on my malady...went to the doc this morning and said I have acute bronchitis/sinusitis...great combo hey!...lol!...but believe it or not I actually feel pretty good as I've had the majority of the weekend to rest up(and an inhaler,codene cough syrup and 10 day supply of anti-biotics) ...nothing like 5 bowls of chicken soup to drown a cold...! grin.gif...gotta get better for next weeks bog run grin.gif