• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Synthetic Winch Cable

hoggs222

My winch cable has seen better days and needs to be replaced.

How many of you use the newer synthetic winch cables? I am interested in these. What brand did you get and how much were they? Also pros and cons vs. traditional cable?

I like the synthetic much better myself. It is a little more expensive, but it's alot nicer.

If you use it near rocks or other sharp objects, I would stick with the steel cable. Just make sure your the old cable comes out of the winch before you go and buy one.

A search here may help also. I think this was discussed a few times.

Get synthetic you'll never go back to the steel cable. I've got Amsteel Blue synthetic rope. Warn has sythetic rope also. There is a place in Roger's MN that sells the synthetic rope for a decent price, but I forget the name of it.You could check e b a y as well, that's where I purchased mine. Okoffroad is another place to check online. Make sure you get the 3/16" and not the 1/4" or you won't get it on your spool.