• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Eagle plows?

jltimm

I've had this plow (American eagle) for going on 3 plowing seasons so far. It has broke on me several times now. I had to purchase a new plow mount assembly yesterday because I broke the mount right off the wheeler! Now yesterday when plowing with the new plow mount, the plow kept popping off the mount pegs on one side. It even came completely off both pegs on one occasion leaving only the winch hooked up! This plow is on a Suzuki Kingquad 700. Does anyone else have a Kingquad 700 with a plow on it, that can take a little plowing without breaking all the time?

I have had my plow fall off the pegs before, but I think it is because the mounting plate was a little crooked. Not sure how it mounts on a KQ.

If it is breaking parts, you are going way too fast. This little bit of snow we got takes hardly nothing to move it. Are you going too fast and hitting the old rock hard banks of snow? I think all plows say 5mph max speed, but I know we all go over that.

Those rock hard frozen banks always cause trouble though.

Yeah, this last snow was nothing, as I've plowed up to 18". It actually came all the way off in the middle of pushing fresh snow away from any old banks. Last year I bent the half circle with the holes in it used for adjusting the angles. 1st year I completely busted a weld on the push tubes, and luckily I have an excellent dealer that stood behind the product, but it's getting old fixing it!

Mine always came off the pegs when plowing with it angled and hitting something real solid and going too fast. It was a real pain. I haven't had that trouble with the Polaris mount yet though, but I also have the hand lift instead of a winch, if that makes any difference.

Of all the plows I have seen, I thought the American Eagle was very well built as far as strength. Some people plow harder than others though, I know my Dad would break any plow made. He had a Polaris plow that was completely rebuilt with all new steel before it would hold up.

I'm thinking of selling mine if you are interested. I have a big snow blower on a JD garden tractor and full cab I use now. Even though the plow is faster and more fun, I can't get myself out of that cab to use the atv unless it is really warm out.

If you want ideas on a new plow, I would check out the Glacier. IMO There is another that is supposed to be really good also, but I can't remember the name (black something).

I think the plow your thinking of is the Black Line? I heard it costs around $1000? I'm gonna experiment with the plow some more today on my own driveway. I had all the issues yesterday away from home, which makes for a real pain in the &*% !