• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buddy Heater option

Check your local Home Depot for SKU 135909.. Can't be purchased on-line at my HP but for a whopping $35 sick.gif it has to be given a serious look its called the Dyna-glo Tag-a-long heater, kicks out 4500-8000 BTU. Run time is 3.5 hours at 8,000 BTU which most of us with traps will never need. Could be just the right amount of heat needed for your trap on low for those cold, cold days. Read the reviews and so far I like what I see... Size is 15"W x 15" H x 7"D, Manufacturer part number is: RMC-8001SS

I have one of the buddy heaters and I like it It is all you need in the fish trap pro.If it is real windy out sometimes the pilot will go out no biggie though they start right back up.I only paid 20$ for mine I got it from the same guy that I bought the eskimo power auger from for 65$.

I have 2 big buddy heaters and love them. Had to upgrade the pilot/ignitor back a few years ago but they are great. Use the 6 ft hose and a 20lb tank and you can go a long time. Add the batteries or the ac plug and the fan works great. Used it to heat the rod shop when it was in the attic. You guys will love them.

i have the old style coleman sport heater, on high it puts out 3500-4000 btu's, and a 1# tank lasts about 5 hours on high. it's catalytic, so i don't worry about getting gassed out with carbon mono..i like it because it's small enough to slide under the seat of my trap to keep my back, and butt toastie. also, i like it because you can place the cylinder in the round lantern base, stand it upright, and use it to heat your lunch..... that's a great price on the buddy heaters, a lot of guys use them.

I used my Mr. Buddy today...it workd alright!

The pilot thing is a pain in the Arse!

I got a good deal on it, but my Coleman ProCat with the fan...Kicks its sorry Arse sleep.gif

I am glad I bought it though...for days with no wind...you can't go wrong!

My ProCat...I flip the Trap down, put it on my seat still running and can walk for 3 miles in a Tornado, and it WON'T go out grin.gif

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef
my Coleman ProCat with the fan...Kicks its sorry Arse sleep.gif

My ProCat...I flip the Trap down, put it on my seat still running and can walk for 3 miles in a Tornado, and it WON'T go out grin.gif

Coleman does make some pretty reliable product I can say that grin.gif