• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rock-N-Reels

Rick

Hi,
Everyone is probably sick of hearing about these, but I am way over here in Michigan and want to make sure I get my hands on a couple of these.
Any phone#'s or info on retailers would be helpful.
I tried the 1-866# on the old post and it seems to be disconnected.
thanks again.
Gillslayer

I bought 3 last year,tub mount,bucket Mt. and the stand alone.Find and get them you will not be disapointed,caught fish on all of them. Hey T-Bone GREAT PRODUCT!

[This message has been edited by Jig stick (edited 11-03-2003).]

T-Bone

I have another question on these babies. Do you find that they work well when used in conjuction with a dead stick or do they work better with a normal rod or does it not matter at all?

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

Gillslayer......I'm sure not sick of hearing about 'em...Stay tuned.

Jigstick.....Thanks.....Nobody I know who has one ever goes ice fishing without it after "they get the hang of it!"........T

After four winters of using the R/R, I have found the following to be true:
1. Any rod can be used as long as it's balanced perfectly on the peg. That means that the reel is the counterbalance to whatever you have down the hole. You have to leave space in front of the reel on the handle of the rod when you mount it so you can adjust the balance by moving the rod fore and aft. The key is low resistence felt by the fish.
2. You can add a split shot or two above the terminal tackle to make the presentation even more light to the fish.(Of course, no bobber.)
3. When fishing suspended crappies, a little more weight on the reel end will allow you to actually see the rod tip rise when the bait is taken from underneath as crappies usually do.
4. Placing the rod on the totally round part of the peg will make it even more sensitive to a bite. It requires close attention to balance if you do this but can really improve results on a very shy bite.
I tried the idea first back in 1999 when I was missing ALOT of fish because of them spitting bait when resistence was felt. Once I figured out how to "tip the scale" a little in my favor, things began to change. Most rods built for deadsticking have a very soft tip by design to reduce the resistence and be a good strike indicator. But at some point, if you don't get to the rod soon enough, or if it's in a hard mounted rod holder, or sitting on the ice or on a bucket, the noodle will go full deflection and the bait will be spit. I hope this helps to explain it.......T

[This message has been edited by TBone (edited 11-03-2003).]

Sure does T bone thanks for the info. Now if we could only get some ice with the weather they are predicting it shouldn't be long. I have been seeing a lot of bigger ponds have a layer of ice.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes