• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice-house hole lites????

tightlines

I am at the point of wiring the lites in my new fish house. I have been having problems finding a flush mount 12volt lite set-up to install on the wall above each hole. Anybody got a good idea where I could find something or maybe you have used a lite system you could tell me about???? A built in toggle would be nice too...

[This message has been edited by tightlines (edited 10-14-2003).]

Tightlines: Try the Auto Parts store. I used little License plate lights. They also have some decorative lights, very low wattage and drain. Also try a R/V store. Some Motorhomes have cabinet lights that will work too... Then you can "Leave the Lite On".... Kaz

hey tightlines!

Check out the bargin bins at Northern, I picked up 16 flush mount truck lights for $1 a piece. These are the types that are mounted over head in you truck head liner.

Walksonwater.

I'm still waiting on my trailer to finish up and then I'll be busy building.

I have adapted some of those low voltage (12v) deck and yard lites to my shelter. One of them was a spot light replacement reflector bulb that I mounted inside a pvc drain pipe. I attached a broom holder clip to it after it was wired and a small toggle switch. I only turn it on when I have a fish on and it works great. If you run those lights right off a 12v battery, you don't need the transformer. They are pretty cheap to buy as well and come in many assorted styles. Check 'em out......T

My current plan is to use the little "candleabra" bulbs you find in chandeliers or ceiling fans. I plan on wiring my house for 120 AC voltage and use an inverter to power everything from a 12 volt battery source. These little bulbs run at somewhere around 30-40 watts and should provide plenty of light at each hole. I'll wire in a switch at each hole to only use the ones I need at the time. At a little over $1 per switch, it won't cost much more to do it at each hole.

I have an old chandalier sitting in my basement that I replaced with a ceiling fan. I figure I'll tear that thing apart and jerry rig something to mount each "chandalier arm" that holds a bulb on to a wall so that the lights are mounted solid against the wall but come out with a downward slope so the light shines straight down into the hole. Maybe mount it on some sort of hinge so that they can be swung against the wall when not in use so they don't get broken off and bent by sticking out from the wall. I'm thinking as I type now.

Still in design stage for this portion so I'm very interested in what others are doing. What a great source of info.