• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fowling Plugs

Bandit

I have an 04 Ski Doo 600HO SDI that has about 250 miles on it. Bought new last year. It ran perfect the first 150 miles, but in the last 100 it has fouled the plugs 3 times, and won't start. It only idles long enough to warm up before ridden. It has electronic reverse and the first time it fowled them was going from reverse to forward. The last two times my kid was riding it and I am not sure when it happened, but he said he did not put it in reverse. Any ideas??

250 miles on an 04? Sounds like a fuel problem. Thats basically not even 3 tanks of gas, or a good days ride. Is the gas in the tank new? If not, get rid of that first and put some fresh stuff in. Then maybe a small amount of injector cleaner and a good "spirited ride"! 2 stroke motors run best when "aired out" a bit. I don't mean you have to ride like a nut, but just get it up to operating speed and temerature for a while each time you run it. Prolonged use at low RPM or speed is a recipe for problems. My 600HO is a carbureted and I have 7000 miles on it now with the original plugs. Let us know what you find.....

Bandit, one thing you may want to do is relube your ECM module connectors. I had a similar problem with my Doo and the dealer turned me on to this issue which was a simple fix. The ECMs on all the new machines are extremely sensitive to voltage drop. After the connectors are anywhere from 2-4 years old they will start to dry up. What I mean by this is that they come from the factory with special grease that allows for no voltage drop across the connectors. As this grease starts to dry up it takes more and more voltage to make that connection. These new control modules (ECMs)are so sensitive to voltage drop that they will start to act up. Mine would start fine and then run like the carbs were all whacked out and the plugs were fouling. The warmer it got the worse it got. This didn't creep up on me, it just started to happen all the sudden after it was running fine.

The fact that it is new doesn't really weigh in too much here as it is an 04' and so has been sitting for 4 years since it was built. Even if it isn't your cure, I would do this anyway. It is simple. You will need to go to your local auto parts store and pick up the following for about $7.00. A small tube of dialectric grease and a small spray can of dialectric cleaner/dryer. Just pull the connectors apart (should be two) and spray into the female side holes really well with the cleaner/dryer, then do the male ends. Walk away for about 1/2 hour or so to make sure they have had a chance to dry real well (no residue) and then take your dialectric grease and fill the female connector holes. Plug together and wipe off any excess and away you go (hopefully).....

The fact that you have only 250 miles tells me that you have not run much gas through the tank. Hopefully you topped your tank off and put in some stabil and ran through through the carbs prior to summer storage. Do that one thing and she should fire right up every time.....Hope this helps.