• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

kawasaki 360

Welcome aboard, A friend had an 04 model, seemed to be a good machine just lacking power compared to everyone else we hung around and rode with. If you get a good deal, and power isnt important to you, should be a good machine.

I don't own a 360 but I own the predecessor. I have a 1999 300 Prairie and I have been more than satisfied with its performance. The newer ones have added features mine doesn't including the 360 motor so I can only guess it's probably a nicer machine.

I work mine plenty hard on the farm. I use it for pulling a trailer when rock picking, pulling hay racks (not fully loaded of course), pulling my 300bu. gravity box (2,000#), and even used it to pull my small wheel-driven manure spreader a couple times although that was a bit over doing it.

I can't complain.

Bob

Hello again! Sounds like it should be a decent little atv,one thing I was wondering about is the belt light is blinking and the seller said it doesn't have that many hours on it. This was his fault because he accidently left the key on for 2 days. Is he a pulling my leg? Or could this really happen? Its a really nice atv. I kind of been wondering if that could happen?

Originally Posted By: Newbie
Hello again! Sounds like it should be a decent little atv,one thing I was wondering about is the belt light is blinking and the seller said it doesn't have that many hours on it. This was his fault because he accidently left the key on for 2 days. Is he a pulling my leg? Or could this really happen? Its a really nice atv. I kind of been wondering if that could happen?

It sounds like the drive belt is worn out to me. I'd be a little leary of his explaination as to why the light is coming on. A unit doesn't have to have that many miles on it to show accelerated belt wear....depending on how it was used and the conditions it was driven in are major factors of belt wear.

Chad

The belt light comes on from a sensor that senses "time" only. Leaving the key on racks up the hours, even though it isn't running. If it needs a new belt, it's only $30. You can reset the belt light. It is supposed to come on at a certain number of hours. It has nothing to do with the wear on it.

I may be a little off, but most likely it is from the key being on.

Can't post a link oops.

Copied from nyroc tech tips.

#

# 2003 650 and 2004 700 can also have their belt switches tripped by a loose belt. A tripped switch will cause loss of power. Adjust the belt and flip switch to the "ON" position (a loose belt flips it to off). However, the belt light may stay on after flipping the switch back to "ON", or it may have come on automatically at 100 hours to get you to return the machine to the dealer for inspection even though the belt switch is not tripped. The following procedures will reset the light if the belt switch is not tripped. A belt light needing to be reset (such as at 100 hours) will cause early 2003 machines to loose power, but not later ones (I am told). If you aren't sure which procedure to use on your 2003 650, try the first one. If it does not reset the light use the second one.

# The 360 belt light behavior is very similar to the 650. If at first you can not find the right connectors, keep looking deeper because they really are there. This has been the case with many 360 owners, they found them after looking.

# There is a procedure in the Vforce folder for the Vforce to reset the light. The Vforce does not have a belt trip switch.

Note: Disconnecting the battery does not reset the light.

Note: there have been rumors that the ON/OFF label on the belt trip switch has been mislabeled on a couple of machines. You may want to double check your switch is flipped toward the rear of the ATV (bad belt flips switch forward). The switch is inside the CVT cover. Do not turn the ignition on with the CVT cover removed or the KEBC motor will spool out and prevent you from putting the cover back on (unplug the KEBC motor if you do).

Note: A poorly connected battery can cause the light to repeatedly come on even if the switch doesn't flip. A bad ignition switch might also be a cuplrit.

Note: Always inspect the drive belt before resetting the belt warning light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early 2003 650 Belt light reset procedure.

1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2. Disconnect the belt failure switch at the 2-pin connector above the CVT cover. (Note: Just follow the wires coming from the rectangular black box on the CVT Cover to locate this connector.)

3. Disconnect both sets of 5 pin connectors located above the CVT cover. Note: These connectors are located just beneath the shift handle on the right side of the 650; one is black and one is grey.

4. Connect these 5 pin connectors to their opposite pairs (grey to black and black to grey).

5. Turn the ignition switch ON.

6. Observe the belt-warning lamp. It should be flashing at a 0.4 second interval for a few seconds then start to flash slower. Let the lamp flash for at least seven seconds.

7. After seven seconds or more, turn the ignition switch off.

8. Reconnect 5 pin connectors to their proper location (black to black, grey to grey).

9. Connect the belt failure switch 2-pin connector (wires from CVT cover).

10. Turn the ignition switch on to confirm that the belt warning light is not flashing. Retry this procedure if needed. As far as I have heard it always works if the belt switch isn't tripped and there are no electrical problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late 2003 and 2004 700 Belt light reset procedure.

1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2. Disconnect both sets of 5 pin connectors located above the CVT cover. Note: These connectors are located just beneath the shift handle on the right side of the 650; one is black and one is grey.

3. Connect these 5 pin connectors to their opposite pairs (grey to black and black to grey).

4. Turn the ignition switch ON.

5. Disconnect the belt failure switch at the 2-pin connector above the CVT cover. (Note: Just follow the wires coming from the rectangular black box on the CVT Cover to locate this connector.)

6. Observe the belt-warning lamp. It should be flashing at a 0.4 second interval for a few seconds then start to flash slower. Let the lamp flash for at least seven seconds.

7. After seven seconds or more, turn the ignition switch off.

8. Reconnect 5 pin connectors to their proper location (black to black, grey to grey).

9. Connect the belt failure switch 2-pin connector (wires from CVT cover).

10. Turn the ignition switch on to confirm that the belt warning light is not flashing. Retry this procedure if needed. As far as I have heard it always works if the belt switch isn't tripped and there are no electrical problems.

Hello. I have owned a 1988 Kawasaki Baayou 300 2 wheel drive. Just sold it las year. Used to keep track of my miles with the gps. Many years ago I was past 5000 miles. Still looked and ran great. No repairs. Just changed oil and spark plugs. Had it tuned up once in 98'. Bought a 1994 Bayou 4X4 and same thing. Still have that machine and it works great. I sold the 88' and bought a Prairie 400. I am having great luck with that as well. I would only buy Kawasaki's because of the luck I have had with them.

Hope you enjoy it.