• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Winch and Mounting Plate for a King Quad 700

PikeBayCommanche

Go to atv outfitters net and get a warn XT25. They have good prices on the mount also. When you get the plow, order a short plowing rope that Warn makes. Unless you will be using the winch on rocks or around sharp objects, the rope is so much better than a cable.

For a less expensive route, you could check out the Viper Max winches. They are sold in MN, and can be had with a synthetic rope also. Not a big fan of foreign parts, but if I was to buy a cheaper one, I would try that one.

Yeah Roofer. Gonna order the XT 30 because I want the wirless remote because i am using it alot for takeing docks and stuff out at the lake. An XT 25 with the remote kit is more than the 30 so it is a better deal all around.

What tires would you think would be good all purpose tires.

I am getting the ITP SS Black rims and looked at a few tires like the Highlifter Outlaw MST Tires.

New to the ATV game so thanks for the help.

IMO, the MST is the best all around tire. They are very tough. The have good traction on everything except sand, and when you turn, the go right where you point them.

They are a little high on price, and a little heavier than some tires, but much lighter than a mud tire. I put about 6-700 miles on mine and they look new yet.

If you haven't yet, take a look at the review posted here on them.

Other than them, you could look at the maxxis tires. Probably the best tire company in the business. Any of their tires are great, but are a little more specific as far as how you are going to use your atv.

Mudlites are about the lightest tire out, but IMO they are the new blackwaters. They are good, but many tires are much better.

Bighorns seem to hook up on any terrain except ice. The flat treads on them make them slide. Can be good or bad depending what you do. They don't seem to point and shoot like the mst in the winter, but what 6 ply tire is going to be great on frozen anything..... The Bighorns do seem lighter than the mst though.