• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Record Albums (the LP kind)

PerchJerker

We were cleaning out our basement and found a bunch of old LP record albums that go all the way back to when we were in highschool. I have no intention of listening to them and don't want to keep them.

Are they good for anything, like does anyone collect them or buy them or anything like that, or should they just go out with the trash?

I am going thru the same thing. My wife is bugging me to get rid of my vinyl (about 400). I have seen a few new turntables that hook up to a computer and convert these to MP3 files, one of them even converts it right away to a CD. Otherwise I would look for a second hand CD store, I have a few in my area, they are always buying and might give you some cash for them if you are just looking to dump them. I am still looking into my options.

Windy

I might be a little younger... I just found a bunch of my old tapes from the mid to late 80's. I'm listening to them in the car and it's bringing back lot of memories. It's amazing the difference in sound quality compared to CD's and MP3.

Perchjerker - The Original CHEAPO location on Snelling still buys them as far as I know. They give you a decent amount of $ depending on condition, rarity, etc... it might be worth a shot for you to go there.

Otherwise.. anything good? How Old? I've got a collection going now... trying to keep it to older stuff though. And by that, I mean Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Tony Bennett, etc... older 40's - 60's jazz, stuff like that.. if there's any in there, I might be willing to take 'em off your hands...

If you have a copy of Yesterday and Today by the Beatles with them wearing butcher coats and doll heads on their laps and slabs of meat surrounding them, well, its worth about a nickle or so- I'd be happy to give you a dime for it whistle.gif I am KIDDING BTW- that record goes for over a grand to about 3 grand on a popular auction site I am not allowed to say on here

Thanks everyone for the info and suggestions.

Sorry slick, no sinatra, crosby, or bennet. Unfortunately no Yesterday and Today from the beatles either.

They're mostly hard rock or popular rock from the late 70's and early 80's.