• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winch issues

CrappieAttitude

I know I have power to my winch, because I can hear it click when I hit my accessory switch. When I hit my rotary switch, nothing happens. It worked fine about a week ago and then it stopped working.

Where should I begin? I know that sometime the contacts wear out, which this may be the case. If I need to replace some parts, I think I may want to go to a toggle type switch instead of the rotary. How much work, and is it possible to wire in a toggle switch to replace my rotary one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

CA

I would start with buying a new toggle switch to replace the rotary switch (you know you want to anyhow). It should be just new wires to power and to the contactor. The rotary switches do go out rather easy being the way they have to be mounted.

Any winch can be converted. There are kits available now with eveything you need for under 30 bucks. (Contactor, toggle and wiring) And if you want to you can even get a remote wireless conversion with everything for under 50.