• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake of the Clouds

Shiner, I have never fished it in the winter or even thought of it.. But now that you bring it up it would be fun. I love fishing in there in the summer time, unbelievable smallmouth action. Just imagine dragging up a fully loaded Fish trap Yukon after long day on the ice....

WOW THAT WOULD NOT BE FUN... but it is fun to think about it...

I have been down in Texas for the last 15 days for work. I was going to go to Lake Gogebic this Saturday but I found a tourney in Mercer that I will be attending. I will be on LG Sunday, I heard it slowed down a bit then again who wants to fish when it is -22 out...

Texas eh? You picked the perfect time to get out of the cold! I didn't fish at all this past weekend either and I'm heading up to Ely tomorrow to chase some lakers. Hoping I can get over there in the next few weeks though.

I've been to Lake of the Clouds in the summer too. We carry canoes down and back up. Last time we were there, a woman's retreat group was walking the trails and they decided to carry one of the canoes up for us. We`let them. So unless that woman's retreat is there in the winter. That hill will go unclimbed. Smallies are fun to catch there but since they're out of season and it's C&R anyway, I cant see making that trek. If you do go, post the report. Should be an interesting trip.