• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sno-X @ Canterbury this Weekend!

hanson

Anyone going to watch the Sno-X at Canterbury this weekend?

Buddy and I are going tomorrow and we haven't gone in a couple years to watch the races. Actually, last time we went was the year Tucker Hibbert decided to focus on MX. He's back this year and we'll be back cheering on Team Green!

The new Cat Sno-Pro sleds sure look like a work of art this year and represent major improvements from last year's model Sno-Pro. Should be an interesting time!

Was a good day!

Tucker won Pro Stock and Pro Open today. Apparently they switched up the races a bit and run 2 Pro Stock races and 2 Pro Open races each weekend. T-Train took 1st in Pro Stock on Friday as well so he's swept the pro classes so far. Guess they run Pro Open again tomorrow.

Pretty sweet watching the races with snow on the ground everywhere. The last few times I've gone, the snow was all man made that was probably the only snow in a 5 country area.

Pretty strange points system to say the least I don't think it's possible to sweep any class from the looks of it.

As far as points go in Pro Open it appears like after 3 races Polaris riders led by defending Pro Open points champion Ross Martin have 5 of the top 6 spots with Blair Morgon being the only non Polaris guy in the top 6 in points.

Pro Stock Hibbert leads in points followed by 4 Polaris riders.

If anyone wants to try and figure this out have at it.

Snow Cross

Go Polaris!

Went to the races today and it was a lot of fun. It has been a few years since i have been there and i'm glad i went back. It was a lot of fun with some good racing. The IQ's were on fire today with winning the Semi Pro and Pro Opens Finals.

Hanson, I'm a Tucker fan as well but FYI Tucker got DQ on Saturday for passing under a yellow in the pro open finals. He did do so hot on Sunday!!!!

Originally Posted By: Central Bassman
Hanson, I'm a Tucker fan as well but FYI Tucker got DQ on Saturday for passing under a yellow in the pro open finals. He did do so hot on Sunday!!!!

You know those yellow flags are pretty goofy. The corner coming into the finish line jump has plenty of sleds getting tangled up on Saturday. The official in the corner would put his yellow up, and the official by the wreck would put his yellow flag up as well. If I understood right, it was no passing and no doubling up through the yellow. Sometimes the entire pack of riders would be riding through the yellow, so the guys up front are slowed down, when the official in the back would take his yellow flag down as the wreck was safely cleared. So the riders in the back were coming on full throttle overtaking these guys who had slowed for the yellow. Only happened a couple times like that but I sure didn't think there was any fair or uniform way that those yellows were enforced on the riders.

Anyways... you Polaris guys won't have to worry about T-train as he is moving back to MX halfway through the Sno-X season. I still think its cool when he takes his dad for the victory lap though!

I do think its becoming pretty hard to be fan loyal to riders when they are jumping brands and teams every couple years. \:\(

Originally Posted By: hanson

Anyways... you Polaris guys won't have to worry about T-train as he is moving back to MX halfway through the Sno-X season. I still think its cool when he takes his dad for the victory lap though!

I do think its becoming pretty hard to be fan loyal to riders when they are jumping brands and teams every couple years. \:\(

What?? Why is he doing that?? I think that is stupid!!!

Yea its hard to keep track who is who because they are always on different color sleds!!!

Guess Motocross has always been his true passion. The last couple years, the ONLY Sno-X race Tucker has raced has been the X-Games. This is his first year "back" into the Sno-X game and it is only for part of the year until the Motocross season starts up again.

My buddies and I have argued about this alot, the MX stage is National and Worldwide with HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEE factory support and money. Sno-Cross is still peanuts compared to what the motocross guys do.

If you are good at both and love both, the decision is really pretty simple. Which equals bad news for us snowmobile racing fans. \:\(

Originally Posted By: hanson

Guess Motocross has always been his true passion. The last couple years, the ONLY Sno-X race Tucker has raced has been the X-Games. This is his first year "back" into the Sno-X game and it is only for part of the year until the Motocross season starts up again.

My buddies and I have argued about this alot, the MX stage is National and Worldwide with HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEE factory support and money. Sno-Cross is still peanuts compared to what the motocross guys do.

If you are good at both and love both, the decision is really pretty simple. Which equals bad news for us snowmobile racing fans. \:\(

Exactly...its a no-brainer.

I haven’t done any looking into it but from what I heard is that he isn’t that good at MX?? I think he will always be known as a great snowmobile rider before people think of him as a MX rider.

I just think its kind of stupid to leave snowcross when you are on top and have it made. Yea I understand how big MX is but he can still ride all summer and fall because of how the snowcross schedule is.

Unless Moster is making him do it?? Who known!!!!

I had Tucker Hibbert in studio for my Radio Show earlier this year, (Before The Duluth National) and talked to him about coming back to Sno-X for the first half of the year and he was pretty pumped to get back on the Sno-X track.

He does like Moto-X better, and is actually a pretty good rider, but there is more competition in that sport and he's not "the Cream of the Crop" in that like he is in Sno-X, so you just don't hear about him as much with Moto-X as Sno-X. He said he wanted to get into the flow of things before the X Games this year and get some more riding in and help to put Arctic Cat back on top.

He's going back to Moto-X after the X Games.

It's KKDQ 99.3FM in Thief River Falls. A Country music Station here in NW Minnesota. The same station that broadcasts "North Country Outdoors Radio" w/Curt Quesnell...My show called "That Snowmobile Show" is on Tues,Wed,Thur afternoons at 4:05pm...