• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM Anonymous

Hi my name is Chris and I'm addicted to Fishingminnesta.

I have to have the euphoric feeling I get when I log on.

I check for new posts like I change the channel with the remote.

I need help!!

"Hey man, you got some internet access, just a little man, come on man, I'll pay you next week, you know I'm good for it man..."

Hi. I'm Bob and I'm addicted to FM. OK, I took the first step, but that will be the last one. This site is too much fun...no way I'm quitting, even if it does ruin my life wink.gif But of course, I can quit any time.

Who needs to quit? i dont *twitch* have a friggin problem man *twitch twitch*. You are the one with the problem man *twitch*

------------------
"They say tuna is brain food, I guess it's cuz it has so much dolphin in it and you know how smart they are"

at first I was just checking posts 1 or 2 days per week, and now its 1 or 2 times per day. I thought it could never happen to me. I need help. so what lake is the meeting going to be on this week??

Hi my name is Peter, I'm am a huge addict of FM. I go into withdrawls on days that I can't acces it here at work. I wished I could have a penny for everytime I accessed the site. I would be rich. But I will settle for the enrichment in knowledge suppplied ot me from my FM Brothers and Sisters. And when the kids finally get old wnough to use the computer they too will become addicts. It's hereditary. The only time I don't have withdrawls is when I'm out on the lake. Even if I'm not catching alot I'm still enjoying the serenity of being out with a line in the water.

Hi, I am the Shorthair guy and I am also an FM addict. I realized it this weekend, Went to Kabetogama fishing and all I could think of was this forum. I came home and before I said Hi to the wife and kids I turned on the computer and went directly to FM. Do I really have a problem?

The neuro science behind FM addiction:

FM typically enters the Brain through the eyes, (which are essentially elongate stems of the brain), From the optic nerve FM transmits to various brain pleasure centers including the mesolimbic dopamine system where it functions to stimulate secretion of the brains endogenous neurotransmitters dopamine,seretonin, anandamide,(release of endorphins has also been hypothesized) .

Experiments with FM addicts suggest that FM reduces the amount of corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF) in the amygdala. Excess secretion of CRF is associated with abnormalities in the HPLA axis and depression. The rebound surge of CRF on ceasing FM activity is associated with increased vulnerability to stress and a withdrawal-reaction,... arguably one good reason not to stop FM use in the first instance.