• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cheena...bait source?

ghotierman

Had a customer inquire about this. dry seal blubber?...comes in dry strips...cut and place on jig like a waxie...the water makes it poof up....popular in alaska....he's looking for a source around here...

anyone used Cheena....know of a source?

thanks...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Someones pulling your leg. First the Marine Mammal Protection Act prohibits you from harvesting, or posessing marine mammals or their parts unless you are a native american, or unless they have been turned into native crafts such as carved ivory or sealskin slippers. This includes Seals,Walruses, Polar bears, and Whales. I also lived in Alaska for 10 years and never heard of this. It may be used by some Alaska natives who are allowed to harvest seals for subsistence. grin.gif

ghotierman
There is such a thing.It is used in Wisconsin quite a bit in some areas for panfish.I have tried it for walleye but have had no success.As far as being legal (i don't know) but it is handled by some bait shops in wisconsin.
When are you at the bait shop ,day ,time

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

try too fish....thanks.
i got a call today from a shop in WI...got the number, and a wholesaler contact...

not sure what it is made of...but seems to be great for panfish. not sure if we'll bring some in here this season, but needed to answer a customer inquiry...

thanks...

anyone know what the stuff is made of?

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

I currently live in Alaska and have access to it from native friends. Why don't you just use porkrinds dipped in fish oil? Personally I would rather eat this than eat muktuk! That $#!^ will kill you. A small plastic lure or piece of porkrind roughed up by sandpaper and dipped into fish oil would be just as good!

Cheena bait is one of the best kept secrets in Wisconsin. The "good panfisherman" know about this and never leave home without it. It is better than any plastic, grub, worm or anything out there for that matter. The longer it is used the better it becomes. It developes little tenticles that generate tons of action under the water. It is made out of some kind of skin whale or seal im not sure. It is very good stuff!
Mr.Bluegill