• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

General Trails Question

TimR

Question for those who have been riding for years - What the heck causes the moguls to form on heavily used trails? Also, can a groomer run through there and level them out?

A day or two after a fresh snow, the trails around here turn into hellish miles of bump after bump after bump.

Tim

Horsepower is what makes those moguls. If everybody drove like old ladies; the trails could handle twice the usage. But; good luck with that one. And yes; providing that there is enough snow; a groomer has no problem smoothing the moguls out. Hope this helps

I second that sledneck, the U.P. is the king of mogul country!!! I hate riding on the trails up there unless the groomer just came through recently. And like the previous person stated, those moguls are formed by hitting the gas hard and then the next person comes through and packs the pile of snow down when they run it over. Then all you have is little canyons.....

I groom, and if people would keep EVEN throttle and NOT hit the gas in the corners everyone would have much better trails. Some will never get it. Most people have to return on the same trail they started on and can't figure out why the trails are so bumpy when they return.