• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tire chains on Mud bug tires?

Dozer

Has anyone ever run a set of chains on a aggressive set of tires? Looking like im going to need a set pretty soon if it keeps snowing. I have mudbug tires on my wheeler and am concerned the chains will just fall between the lugs and not do anything. Anybody tried it?

Mudbugs probably have too deep of lugs for chains. They normally paddle and float through the snow really good. How big are they and on what machine?

I'm not sure that chains would even help much in snow unless you dig down to the bottom, but that isn't a good idea either because you just get hung up. Depends on the snow, but I have read that tires do better in snow with little to no air in them(wider track). In sugar type snow I have had good luck with stock tires with nice new sharp edges on the lugs. I have also had good luck with the Gators I used to have, which are similar to the bugs.

What is your intention in riding in the snow? Is it to dig down to the ground or float on top? I suppose it depends on the depth and condition of the snow. With the weather going to warm up, it looks like it will get sloppy and sticky.

The tracks look like the best idea, but not for me. Good for work, but wouldn't be good for trails IMO.

I want to use them for ice fishing. Getting hung up isnt really a concern just the ice. I really dont think any tire is going to be any better when pulling the fish house through a hidden slush spot.