• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 Kodiak problem

MIKE IN lINO III

Last Saturday I trailered my Kodiak up north, no cover in an open trailer. With all of the snow on the highway the wheeler was a popsicle. I didn't start it until Monday morning. It idled for a while when I was unsecuring it then it died. I haven't been able to start it since frown.gif

Any ideas? It seems like it is getting gas because the plug was wet.

Sidebar:

When it gets really cold the back tires do not want to turn. I have the recommended oil weight in the differential and they do not turn. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mike

I brought it into the shop and heated it up. The next day it started right up like nothing was wrong. I moved it in to the garage and then it wouldn't start again. I let it sit for a day and went out and it started right up. I moved it in to the shed and left it for a couple of days. I go out to start it.... yup wouldn't start. I tried to start it for a week. Nothing.

I towed it back to my shop and let it sit. The next day... started right up. It is now still in the shop, I think I will go through it and see if I can find some bad wires or something. It seems not to start when there is a lot of miosture in the air.

I always had good spark and gas so I don't know what to think.

I need to figure it out because I'll be darned if am going to let this thing get me stranded. Other than this problem the machine has been bullet proof.

I have a 2003 Big bear that is just as solid. Knock on wood.

Thanks for asking.

If there is something that I should be looking for please speak up.

Thanks,

Mike

oops i misread when i recommended the brake thing i thought you said the rear brakes where dragging?? dont know where i got that from.

It is probally a bad relay, the soldered components are effected by heat/cold. Find out which relay is bad and try to replace it.

you can find a service manual here-

http://manuals.dqt.be/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=select&id=5

scroll down and find your model.

Holy service manual, 366 pgs.

Thank Kodiak.

I went home yesterday and it started right up. I did notice that the battery is taking a beating and it doesn't take long to drain it and then the clicking at the relay starts.

Rob, It's the green one.

Mike