• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Results from some fo the new toys

Well, I set up my new blind and sat out there for a while today after baiting the birds and squirrels. I used my new 70-200mm 2.8 lens for these. The only thing coming around in the snow was squirrels but it was cool. I was only about 10 feet from them.

122507_Christmas_1174copy.jpg

122507_Christmas_1170copy.jpg

122507_Christmas_1168copy.jpg

I was pretty happy with the results with snow coming down and poor lighting. It's a start anyways!

MM,All very nice images!.....I can hardly wait to get out myself! .......I to will be the owner of a new manfratto(actually 2,waiting for UPS)...all new territory for me..all my photos up to this point have "all" been taken by hand......always something in photography to look forward too grin.gif...upgrade the learning curve!

Since Christmas is winding down...I finally got enough time this late afternoon to try out my new Nikon 50mm ED50 Digiscope...I took some pics of my neighbors house(oval front door) down the block on "normal" no zoom(with my fuji s5000)...then the same house at 12x zoom(again fuji s5000)...and finally tried out the nikon digiscope on full zoom(no alterations)...I "hand held" the first too pics but put the digiscope on a pillow(on my front porch/deck) to get the digiscope shot.....one can certainly see the difference!...can even read the neighbors news paper box...I don't see alot of CA(which I was really concerened about)...the neighbors house is about 135 yards away approx.(looks like he could use a paint job on his windows shocked.gif)

...sure be nice to see what this digiscope will do at 30 yards or so on a chickadee, owl or magpie! grin.gif...

normal image no zoom:

Frame_DSCF9650-1.JPG

same position but optical zoom at 12x

Frame_DSCF9651-1.JPG

and a image from yesterday with the digiscope at full zoom with the Nikon 8 meg P-4 camera (no alterations):

Frame_DSCN0032-2.JPG

Jonny, those are great. They are very clear and great exposures. I can't wait either to see what you can do with that thing out on the trails.

Looks like you made a good investment so far!

Mike

Lol!...maybe UPS will be here tomorrow...maybe...when I tried to hold the scope by hand and look at this house with the Lcd...house was dancing around all over the place...not going to take photos hand held with this "thing"... grin.gif

after examining this last scoped image..."field of view" looks to be about 4'x6' at 125 yards or so...still got a "learning curve" to go through for awhile... would be nice to see what the images will look like a a sunny day...

Jonny,

That's cool! I'd never heard of a digiscope before until you posted about your purchase. I always like your pics so I can't wait to see what else you do with the new setup.