• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas gauge float

Proctor Pete

The gas gauge float came off of the cap on my Ski-doo and I'm wondering how to capture it again. It's just bobbing around in there and everytime I see it, it can't be grabbed with my stubby fingers.

I filled it up to the neck thinking that it would float to the top but that hasn't worked so far. Any ideas?

All the other parts of the gas cap I was able to remove with a magnet...I just can't catch this bugger...thanks-Pete

Put a cap on and take a spin around the yard. It should be in the neck when you shut it off. If not, wire coat hanger would be my next shot, just beware of the pick-up tube when you are poking around.

FLaker

I have had this happen a couple times. I don't recall how I got it out (I tried a lot of tactics), but I believed I fished it out with a metal coat hanger or 2 bent into formations, like a tong, to grab it and carefully lift it out. I tried filling the tank too, and it didn't work as planned. Mine was hard plastic and I couldn't "stab" it...

You have to fill the tank FULL. It will float up into the neck of tank then where you screw the cap on. Then you should be able to slide something down beside it and pry up from underneath to get it out. Tank has to be full enough to use the cap neck as a trap.