• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So, I see a new look to the boards, but what happened to the Sticky's?

Paul

Yeah, the good news here is that, even if we do lose the stickies on this board, we can easily start up a couple new ones for organizing final details of the eagle and Sax-Zim Bog photo gatherings.

Pretty much everyone knows which one they're going to, and we can do a final roll call and set up meeting details in new stickied threads if we have to, no prob.

The admins have been up all night working through the upgrades. Lots of coffee and lots of patience, I must say! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I noticed trouble trying to get on the last 3 days or so... thought it was my end at first shocked.gif....all that "UBLL" error" stuff grin.gif....still a go for the 30th and the bog meet....just gotta make a final tally I guess and meet at that predetermined restaurant ..... smile.gif

After arguing over and over with myself, I have decided to pass on this generous offer. I'd be more than happy to drive 100 miles just to meet you bums, but we're talking around 650 miles roundtrip here. I figure this would eat up two tanks of gas, 2 nites in a motel and road food, which would cost me in the neighborhood of $300. To me, that's a chunk of change. It also sounds like the birds are a bit scarce at the bog this winter. I suppose, they have enough lemmings in Canada, this year. The lemmings must have hit the peak of their cycle. Also, it's not as if we'll feel like a long hike in the woods, either.

I was really looking forward to this, but I just can't justify this much cash for a couple days. Not only that, my income takes a plungs this time of the year and my outgo, partially due to Christmas, increases. And my suv, with 181,000 miles on it, needs to make it until fall. It still looks and runs good, but nothing last forever.

Anyway, thanks for the offer Jonny. I still plan on meeting you guys someday. I'll probably change my mind a couple more times, in my head. I may regret this decision, but $300 is $300.

x-

I know were you are coming from. I may miss the eagle rendecous due to an overbooking at our dog kennel. I will still be in the cities just not till 2-3pm. I have the rental coming anyway, I think I have found the spot Buzzsaw is talking about and guess I will have to stuble around on my own Sunday Morning, unless the Kennel situation changes.

I certainly understand your situation XT....alot of "bucks" are spent this time of year ...tough on everyone for sure....it is true that there's no guarante on what one will see on that bog run and I'm of the same train of thought as you.if I'm going to spend 300 bucks,I want a return on my money shocked.gif...again ,I certainly understand where you're coming from....and hope the best for you and your family this upcoming Christmas Holiday...keep those pics comimg in grin.gif....

X-tackleman,

Maybe if you want since probably can't make it to the scheduled eagle shoot, and you arn't heading to the bog, maybe you would want to make an impromptu trip to the cities to join me and we can blindly stumble down to the river and shoot some eagles Sunday. A little closer to MPLs than to the bog. Let me know.

Paul

Paul, give me your cell phone # again. This time I'll save it in my phone. You can email it to me. My email address is in my profile. Right now, I'm waiting for an email from my daughter letting me know if she'll be home that weekend. She lives in Plymouth.