• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mikuni Carb Question

pisces

While removing carb for cleaning, I was trying to pull off the plastic gas line, and the piece that the line pushes onto, I'll call it the "gas inlet valve" came off from the carb body. Upon reassembly, it seemed to just push right back on, kind of snapped back into the body, so I thought okay. However, it comes loose when running, from vibration I think. Can anyone tell me what is supposed to keep this in place, or how to keep it from coming loose?

There are quite a few different Mikuni carbs out there. Could you provide a little more info about which ones you are dealing with? I can't picture this in my head but others on here are a lot smarter than me at this stuff and can probably help if you get them enough info...

Normally these are just a press fit into the hole in the carb. This is a pretty common problem and it sucks when it happens. One way to fix it is to take a small center punch and "peen" small divits into the brass fitting being carfull not to crush it. This will increase the diameter of the fitting somewhat and it should fit tighter into the bore. I would also put some green or red loctite on the fitting before re-installing it to help it stay in place. Otherwise you may have to tap threads in the hole and install a threaded fitting into the hole with a barb on it to slide the hose on to. Good Luck!