• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm ordering the fish elevator!

I saw a post on this in the ice fishing forum. Man, this sounds like the ticket for me! Loved watching the video on the site too. Since I can't get out there fishing yet at least I could watch the fish get caught. Don't know if I can post the HSOforum, it was on the other forum but don't know if it was ok to do that. I lost a few nice big ones last year, maybe this will save them long enough even if all I do is take a picture! Diana

I ordered it. It's on the way! Whoohoo! Hubby doesn't know yet, but I think he'll be impressed. That site was really fun to watch. I couldn't believe there were no shipping charges! What a great deal. I can hardly wait to get out on the ice. Hopefully soon. It's been so warm here, I don't know if that is good coz it's melting the top snow or bad coz it slows down the ice making. Hopefully we will not get any significant snow in the near future. Hubby starting to think it's been too warm to put my house out this weekend. frown.gif I want to take the pup with me so I'm waiting on the house part, otherwise he will have to stay in the back of the van most of the time if I stand out on the ice or take the portable. I really don't want to go that route, I'd much rather be cozy with all the comforts in the house. Diana

"When" I finally get on the Ice reelemin, I'll let you know how well the elevator works!

Lisa, here's what I figure. The weather has been a bit on the warm side, but it must be melting some of this snow, right? Then it will get colder after Christmas again and the ice conditions should get better without all the snow sitting on top of the lakes. That is my positive spin on icy thoughts. Hopefully it will happen that way. It doesn't look like we will be putting my house out on any lake this weekend, but it will come after Christmas sometime. Patients is what I have to have. I do not want to be out there chopping it out of the ice come February! I read an article in the ice fishing forum about what to do when drilling holes that was informational. Don't clear all the snow off the spot that you want to drill, this way when the water comes back out of hole it has a something to stop it, after the water recedes you can take most of it out of the way. This way you aren't standing in a bunch of water. I'll have to remember this and tell hubby when he drills some for me, I'm thinking I just may have to go out with the portable after Christmas at least once. Don't want to do it but I've got a bit of the fever here. lol....Have a great Holiday everyone. Diana

Every time I see the headline of you post-I have to laugh! I really do like gadgets and new gear too!

You'll get out on the ice eventually Diana. You can feel the excitement and want to be part of the action though don't you?! No one gets kicked out of the girls forum for not partaking in the outdoor fun!! grin.gif This has just been a really goofy year for ice fishing for us people up north. And the snowmobile gods have been cranky too. mad.gif

Quote:

the Wheeler gods have been very nice

You ain't a-kidding on that one girl! Do you have ANY presents under that tree?? JUST KIDDING! grin.gifgrin.gif

I know you two love to rub it in!! I spose I could've been dragging out the portable all this time-just a lazy girl I guess! grin.gif

You don't know where Avoca is??? Gosh, I thought everyone knew that!!! grin.gif

I've been inviting Lisa and Mr. Lisa Tealz down forever. She won't come down tho. She must think me and Mrs. Boilerguy smell bad or something.

Avoca is much farther west than the Madison lake area, by about 2 hours. Straight north or Worthington, south of Marshall, west of Windom, east of Pipestone. We have great ice down here, which, is really weird. Normally I wouldn't even THINK of driving on the ice until January but 16 inches is good for me. My e-mail is in my profile. Drop me a line. I'll get ya on fish.

Jumping up and down!!

I received my elevator today!!!!!

What is funny is the mail man had to bring it to the front door because of the long handle. He said everyone at work was so curious as to what a fish elevator was they sent one guy to look it up on the computer. He was really interested himself as to how it worked and was going to look it up on his own computer when he got home. wink.gif I told him it was great fun to watch the guy on that site land some big fish. He thought you would turn the stick around when the fish got into the hole, I said it looked like in the video that you just pull it over. It was so funny to see how interested he was in this new item.

I put the pan end in a gift bag with the handle sticking out, put a tag on it that says: To: Diana From: Santa....if I get the chance to go fishing before Christmas Eve I'm bring it along though. wink.gifgrin.gif

Wow Diana that is super fast shipping!! I'm really interested to hear your report on it. Were you doing the "Fish Elevator Dance"? I did the Arctic Armor dance for the UPS guy too but he already thinks I'm nuts. We order WAY too much and our poor guy is run ragged!

Had a sore left leg from walking the dog in the sloppy snow, couldn't do any dancing crazy.gif Thinking it in spirit though! lol....I'll let you know how it goes.

It was raining here last night, roads were bad, BUT....I bet it was melting some snow and compacting the ice! Also the snow that was suppose to be coming our way isn't suppose to now!!! Just some cold weather is all that is needed now. wink.gif

I own a Fish Elevator and have only used it for crappies. There are times when those dandy crappies will fall off right at the top of the hole or inside. It will save you some lost crappies for sure. I would guess there is no reason why it would not work on all specie.