• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stocking stuffer ideas for a photographer

Hey folks, need a little help in the photography department so I thought about you guys first. Question is, my wife is a photographer and I was wonder about some gift ideas for her that will not break the bank. So to start off is there anything that could qualify as a "stocking stuffer"? She does have lenses except the big dogs that you guys shoot that start at $1,500 but thats out of the question. I'm thinking anything starting at (don't laugh) $5 and up. grin.gif I'm not poor but just some things that maybe you use that maybe just as simple as lens case or whatever.

Do keep in mind that I live in Brainerd and online shopping restraints are now a factor so it maybe have to be a box store or the Photo Center but thats about all I have for options. Thanks for any help or pointers.

mr

Microfiber lens cleaning cloths -- I always lose mine and you can never have too many :-)

Lens cleaning solution (not just regular eyeglass cleaning stuff, though -- make sure you can use it for lens).

Case to keep her memory cards if she shoots digital and another memory card.

Rechargeable batteries if she uses a camera with AA batteries.

Photo paper 4x 6" if she prints her own images

Hmmn, I"ll have to think some more.

One more idea -- if you've got time to check the jewelers, you might be able to find a sterling silver camera charm for around $20.

Rocket blower, for cleaning dust off lens and camera, should be able to find. Small flashlight for camera bag. New more comfortable camera strap. The other suggestions are great.

All great ideas. I like the 1gig memory card. Don't think you can have enough of those and they cost about $10. She does shoot a 10D that she really loves and has a fairly new camera bag that I did buy last year and she returned it for the one she wanted. But the air rocket suggestion is a good stuffer and the card holder case.

Anymore keep them coming?

thanks,

mr laugh.gif

If she shoots outside in winter, a nice pair of gloves thin enough to still control the camera would be nice. I learned that lesson the hard way last week. As someone else stated perfectly on here (can't remember who) "I lost all feeling except for pain."