• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

my fly

Kallista, it looks like you have done a great job with this shot. Keep the background dark to highlight the fly, or use a lighter background for the darker flies. Nice job on using the vice and the lighting looks great!

Don't think you need any advice at all! If you really want to be anal about it make sure the hook shank is perfectly horizontal, then all your shots will look the same in the book giving you a nice look!

Out of a catalog? That means its good lol..

thank you all for your input, its my first of really studying and trying to capture it right.. I had no clue what was all involved.. It does really take a lot to get a nice pic. That was taken on a friends camera but i am not sure what kind it was, very easy to use tho..This means a lot to me.. thank you

I been looking in fly books, seeing the angles the lighting and they all seem to leave just the tip of the vise in the pic, and thats what i was trying to capture.. Like they do it i guess..I been trying so hard.. seems that i make a lot of mistakes but i am learning more from them , then i a from how to .. or photo taking books...thank you again..

Well, dude, if you make a bet with me you'll surely win, because I'll be marooned at HQ all day. You MIGHT make a bet with Cheffrey, who is well known for making succulent dishes out of fish that OTHER people catch! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

If you like, I'll give you a couple spots on the sly. Only you and I know how much I owe you, bubba. In fact, if you can square it with the future boss, you should come up for a day after laker opener but before the Bash so you and I can get out there together. As you know, I can take a weekday as easily as a weekend day. When I owe somebody this big, I pay up. grin.gif