• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rock band ??

Scott K

I have 3 kids, they think they want to start a band smirk.gif, one likes playing guitar, one wants a set of drums, and the other likes to sing. I seen rock band set up at wally world, and now the kids are asking for it. My kids are 13,10,9. I have guitar hero, is this going to be just like guitar hero, but with a drum, and somehow with a microphone? Or is it like gh, but with karoke built into it? Is it worth the $170? Will they like it, or will it get old really fast? What are your thoughts?

I vote for the real drum set but then again I dont have to listen to it. grin.gif

No matter how good you get at Rock Band or Guitar Hero, in the end you dont come away with anything but a high score. But the other thing is at that age they might not be as interested in the real thing (I mean actually learning how to play properly) as they would the video game. It's a horse apiece.

My 2 oldest (8 and 6) love the game..

It's basically guitar hero w/drums and a mic. My daughter has become quite good at the singing aspect.. It's still odd listening to her belt out Paranoid by Black Sabath. wink.gif

So, vidoe games have no place in life? Why play video game football, get them a real football. Why play video game hunting, get them a gun. Why play video game racing, buy them a race car.

It's a game, that's all it is. It's fun and easy to play.

BTW, my daughter does play piano and when she gets that down, she can play other instruments. But right now, Piano can end up being more like work to her, having to practice all the time.

Quote:

If they want to play music then buy them real instruments. Guitar, bass & drums.

My 10 yr old son does have an electric guitar. My 13 yr old daughter wants to play the drums, she wants a set, but maybe for her birthday. My 9 yr old daughter wants to be the singer, we have a cheap karoke machine now. They asked for this game, I know it wont help them much to get better at playing instruments, but it will help a little, and help a lot to amuse them, I hope! smirk.gif